I hope everyone is fine. Two months of 2021 has passed so quickly. Recently I have been reading and watching a lot about style. before I have started my low buy journey I was the kind of girl, who had tons of clothing from fast fashion companies and I have to admit shopping was also a kind of fun activity for me. I was guilty of constant purchasing, when it came to clothes or make-up and specially if I had a company.
So since 2019 I have decluttered my wardrobe at least 4 times and in 2020 I have forced myself to buy less by laying down my rules, which worked really well. I learned I need rules, to have a kind of guidance to select, like being Cuelty Free or trying to avoid fast fashion when ever I can.
- I spent some time in my closet and I have started to enjoy the items which I have already own.
- I expreienced the joy of using up something: even a small travel-sized items needs months to use up and it makes me so happy( cosmetics) or use at least 30 times, when it comes to clothing.
- I have learned how to be thankful and greatful for everything which I have in my life.
- By learning about style it made me to realize that those women who I admire becaue of their style they all have a carefully selected and currated wardrobe.
- I have learned how to be patient, that we have to wait and budget for our wants. It is more important to gain experiences, not to be broke just to be able to buy some new clothes.
- Budgeting my expenses was a huge help to understand where my money goes. I became more intential, maybe a bit frugal by knowing where my pennies are going exactly.
- Buying something from my wishlist makes me so happy, excited and greatful.
Yesterday, after two months of no buy, I have tried if I am an intentional shopper or not: I went to some stores: second-hand and also some others, I had a clear vision according to my wishlist and ended up buying nothing. Nothing were matching my expectations and criterias so I left everything. It was a liberator.
This year challenge will be also strict, but I think easier, as I know my goal: to have a great wardrobe without breaking the bank.
So I have to prioritize certain items on my wishlist and budget for them! I only tend to add 10 new items to my wardrobe this year, which including clothes, shoes and accessories. I allow myself to buy the same amount: 10 beauties and one item per month AKA my sparkle joy item of the month, which can be a book, a notebook, a pen, an electricity or a new hair/skin care item. I wish to write only 2 hauls this year: in June and December.
I also want to create my wardrobe inventory, which is in process, so it will be available from March.
Updates on my promises: my budgeting sheets will be available from the 15th March, 2021.
As for the YouTube channel I will be honest I am not satisfied with the voice quality so I try to figure out something… as I wish to have this serie a bit more interactive.
Comment below if you on with me:).